Guideline for Authors
The manuscripts should be incompatible with the following rules to adhere high academic standards.
- The submitted manuscripts should not be published elsewhere in full or in part.
- It is necessary to receive the permission of the authors or publisher if the article includes quotes, tables, pictures etc which were previously published in another work.
- Papers presented at a congress but not published in the proceedings are welcome but it should be indicated in the article clearly.
- The required style guide for references and in-text citations in APA format detailed in the reference writing rules of Politics, Economics and Administrative Sciences Journal of Ahi Evran University (The PEAJ).
- The submitted articles are published only if the approval of at least two referees is obtained.
Scientific and Ethics Principles
- All authors should have an academic or scientific contribution to the submitted article.
i. Should plan or do the work
ii. Write or revise the article
iii. Should accept the last version
- If an institution is involved in the financial funding or in the direct or indirect commercial support, authors should specify that they do not have any legal relationship. Otherwise, the extent of the relationship should be stated.
- If the article requires an “approval of an ethical committee”, the corresponding document indicating the allowance of the treatments should be attached to the article when submitted.
- If the submitted article is approved to be published in the journal, all of its rights are preserved by the PEAJ. Henceforth, the citation of these articles requires their inclusion in the reference section and it should also have the permission of the journal.
- All views or suggestions in the articles belong to the authors and cannot be held responsible by the journal.
- The articles should consist of at least 4.000 and at most 8.000 words including the references.
- The word count of the book reviews should be between 1.000-2.000 words.
- Case studies should include 1.000-2.000 words.
- The submitted articles should satisfy the following formal rules.
- It should be in parenthesis starting from the first use of the word and this abbreviation should be the same in the rest of the article.
Figure, Picture, Table, and Graphs
- Figure, picture, table, and graphs should be specified at the end of the sentence which cites the related one. If any of these has any further explanation, it should be stated at the end of the article.
- The used abbreviations should be added to the statements below the figure, picture, table or graph.
- The permission is required if the used figure, picture, table or graph is taken from another work and it should be added to the statements below the figure, picture, table or graph.
- Pictures/Photos should be multicolored and their details should be seen clearly.
The presentation page to the editor
- The category of the submitted article, the statement that it has not submitted to any other journal, the names of the people or the institutions who give financial support if exists and the relationship of the authors with these people and institutions if exists should be precisely specified.
- The title of the article (in Turkish or English), the full names of all authors, their academic titles, institutions, work and (or) GSM numbers, e-mails and the email addresses should be stated. If the article is presented before as a proceeding, the place and the date should be specified.
- It should be either in Turkish or in English and should have a minimum 150 and maximum 250 words.
- It should be at least 3, at most 5. It should be written in Turkish and English.
- The articles should be written in Microsoft Word, the footnotes (if necessary) should be Times New Roman 10 font size, the main body should be Times New Roman 12 font size and the titles of sections, chapters and sub-chapters should be 14 font size.
- The margins of the document should be as follows: Left=4 cm and others=2.5 cm. The footnotes are not included.
- The first pages should have a top margin of 5 cm and “justified” option should be used.
- The space used in the article should be 1.5 but the abbreviations, tables, figures and symbol lists, preface, abstracts, sources, attachments, the names and statements of in-text tables and figures and footnotes should be 1.
- Sub-chapters cannot be put on the last line of a page. It should be on the next page if at least 2 more lines cannot be fit in.
- A space of 6 font size should be left before and after paragraphs. Empty lines should not be put between two paragraphs.
- The works should use 4 level titles.
- 1. FIRST LEVEL
- 1.1. Second Level
- 1.1.1. Third Level
- (a) Forth Level
- 1.1. Second Level
- 1. FIRST LEVEL
- The submitted articles should not be paginated.
- For APA Referencing system please take a look at http://www.apastyle.org/